Mobile field shelters in Essex,
by National Stables
Our high-quality mobile field shelters come with strong, galvanised skids and will last for decades.
Ask about our mobile field shelters in Essex.
Mobile field shelters in Essex
Are you looking for mobile field shelters in Essex? We can help: National is the name you need to know. We design and build mobile field shelters using the highest-quality timber and skids, to meet the needs of every horse or livestock owner.
We’ve been in business for more than 40 years and we completely understand the challenges you might be facing. Whether you need temporary stabling, a moveable shelter option, or paddock shelters for horses and livestock, we can offer the ideal solution. What’s more, our mobile field shelters will not usually require planning permission, making it easier for you to implement the option that best suits you.
Field shelters now also include front guttering as standard.
High quality field shelters
with galvanised skids
The skids we use on our mobile field shelters set our products apart and ensure they’re the very highest quality. Our skids are made of galvanised steel, which can easily last for 30-40 years. Galvanisation is a superior way of treating steel, and the process follows EN ISO 1461 standards – hot-dipped at around 450°C in molten zinc, the outer coating solidifies, and a smooth finish is formed. Galvanisation is more effective than coatings like Hammerite, plating or paint, as it prevents rusting. Choose a National mobile field shelter and you can rely on your skids for decades.
What do our clients think?
Do we install mobile field shelters in your town within Essex?
The answer is that we have probably already installed a mobile field shelter in your town – below is a list of the 20 towns we have most frequently visited in Essex.
The benefits of choosing our mobile
field shelters for your Essex field or
Here are some of the key features of our mobile filed shelters, along with the benefits you can enjoy:
- Adjustable stable door hinges – door adjustments are simple and straightforward (available on mobile stables)
- 4×2” roof purlins in prefabricated steel joist hangers – additional wind and snow loading comes from the additional roof strength
- Galvanised barred stable windows, sliding Perspex cover – stable ventilation is regulated all year round (available on mobile stables)
- Roof lining – shelters are warmer in winter and cooler in summer, plus roofs will be stronger (please note: this upgraded feature is available at an additional cost)
- Galvanised steel skis – our heavy-duty galvanised skis are supplied as standard and are designed to last for decades
- 80x80mm, 3.6mm box section steel, 6mm fully welded restraint cleats – buildings are kept above the ground level and are strongly secured to skis
- 10mm fully welded towing eyes at all four corners – shelters can be towed from either end, and easily staked
- Tanalised® timber, shiplap cladding 5th grade+ – this form of timber treatment protects it from insect attacks and fungal decay
- Louvre stable vents – these are located under the canopy to ensure good airflow, while offering excellent protection from rain
In the majority of cases, a mobile field shelter will not require planning permission. Please ask us for further details – we are the field shelter experts serving the whole of Essex and can advise based on your specific situation.
We truly believe that if you buy too cheap, you buy twice. Quality is an investment and the best shelters will last you for decades. We also want to cater for all budgets, so if you need to keep costs down, why not opt for a self-assembly shelter?
National Stables – trusted by
our clients for over 40 years
The National Stables name is more than 40 years old.
During our time in business, we’ve established a leading reputation for stables and shelters.
We’re still a family business through and through, with a true commitment to each of our customers.
Our shelters stand the test of time: quality is built into each structure.
You can rely on our shelters because:
We use Tanalised® timber and galvanised steel – quality parts make quality products
We take care of design, manufacture and installation ourselves – no middlemen or subcontractors
Quality is checked thoroughly at every stage – our shelters will exceed expectations
Explore mobile field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
Where we have worked
Over the years we have installed mobile field shelters all over Essex, including:
- Little Easton, Great Dunmow
- Church Street, Goldhanger
- Purleigh, Chelmsford
- Manor Road, Lambourne End
- Studcock Road, Little Maplestead, Halstead
- Brightlingsea Road, Thorrington
- Great Hallingbury, Bishop’s Stortford
- Gladsen Hall Road, Greenstead Green, Halstead
- St Johns Drive, Rayleigh
- London Road, Great Horkesley, Colchester
- Brook Road, Tolleshunt Knights
- Chapel Road, Shoebury
- Bells Hill Road, Vange, Basildon
- Cut Hedge Lane, Coggeshall, Colchester
- Gt Leighs, Chelsmford
- Marks Lane, Chelmsford
- North Hall Road, Ugley
- Mutton Row, Standford Rivers
- Hardys Green, Birch, Colchester
- Langham, Colchester
- Oxley Hill, Tolleshunt d’Arcy, Maldon
- Little Leighs, Chelmsford
- The Heights, Danbury, Chelmsford
- Weald Road, South Weald, Brentwood
- Wakes Colne, Colchester
- The Maltings, Rayne, Braintree
- Duton Hill, Dunmow
- Abberton Road, Layer-de-la-Haye, Colchester
- Maldon Road, Margaretting, Ingateson
- Bridport Way, Braintree
- Chelmsford Road, Selsted
- Church Road, Rawreth
- Nipsells Chase, Mayland, Chelmsford
- Great Horkesley, Colchester
- Lower Avenue, Basildon
- Abberton Road, Fingringhoe, Colchester
- Assandune Close, Rochford
- Ridgewell Road, Great Yeldham