Mobile field shelters in Suffolk
Are you looking for mobile field shelters in Suffolk? We have more than 35 years’ experience; we’re the field shelter and stable company you need to know about. As a market leader, we understand the challenges our customers face in caring for horses, animals and livestock. Choose one of our shelters and make the most of it for many years to come.
As movable structures, mobile field shelters do not usually need planning permission. If you need a paddock shelter, a temporary stabling option, or a moveable structure that can be used in multiple locations, talk to us. We can explain the ins and outs of planning permission, and talk to you in more detail about all your options.
High quality field shelters
with galvanised skids
We’re committed to complete quality in every element of our products. We will only supply mobile field shelters that have fully galvanised skids, so they won’t rust and can last in the region of 30-40 years. During galvanisation, steel is hot-dipped at temperatures of around 450°C, meeting EN ISO 1461 standards. When the outer coating of zinc solidifies, any excess is removed to create a smooth finish. Galvanisation is different to other coating processes – it’s superior to plated, painted or Hammerite finishes. Your skids will last you for decades.
Explore mobile field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
What do our clients think?
Do we install mobile field shelters in your town within Suffolk?
The answer is that we have probably already installed a mobile field shelter in your town – below is a list of the 20 towns we have most frequently visited in Suffolk.
|Ipswich||Lowestoft||Bury Saint Edmunds||Felixstowe||Haverhill|
The benefits of choosing our mobile
field shelters for your Suffolk field or
Our mobile field shelters are high quality and built to last.
Here are some of the key features and benefits you need to know about:
- Adjustable hinges on doors (available on mobile stables) – you can adjust doors quickly and simply without any specialist equipment
- 4×2” roof purlins in prefabricated steel joist hangers – benefit from increased strength and wind/snow loading
- Galvanised barred stable windows, sliding Perspex cover (available on mobile stables) – this feature ensures good stable ventilation all year round
- Roof lining (available at an extra cost) – reduces sagging, increasing the life expectancy of the roof while regulating the temperature inside the shelter
- Heavy-duty, galvanised steel skis – your skis will easily last you for 30-40 years
- 80x80mm, 3.6mm box section steel, 6mm fully welded restraint cleats – the building is kept above ground level, strongly secured to its skis
- 10mm fully welded towing eyes at all four corners – shelters can be conveniently towed from either end and easily staked at their destination
- Tanalised timber, shiplap cladding 5th grade or better – important for protecting against fungal decay and insect attacks
- Louvre stable vents – positioned underneath the canopy, vents will increase airflow while protecting against wind-driven rain
Due to their mobile nature, these field shelters will not usually require planning permission, making them a simpler solution than a stable.
If you have questions surrounding this, please ask and we’ll be happy to advise.
National Stables – trusted by
our clients for over 35 years
We have been in business for more than 35 years, so we bring a wealth of experience to every project.
Our stables and shelters are well known for their quality and they will stand the test of time.
Thanks to our experience, we can offer you:
The very highest quality field shelters, built to last with tanalised timber and galvanised steel
Expert quality control, built into every stage of the process to achieve consistency in our finished products
In-house design and manufacture, making the process stress free and giving us oversight of every stage
We know from experience that if you buy too cheap, you end up buying twice. We want to make sure we can cater for all budgets, though, doing what’s right for each and every customer. Choose from a field shelter installed by us, or a self-assembly option.
Where we have worked
Over the years we have installed mobile field shelters all over Suffolk, including:
- Great Glemham, Saxmundham
- Badingham Road, Framlingham, Woodbridge
- The Winthrops, Edwardstone
- Hamilton Road, Newmarket
- Hedenhan, Bungay
- Church Lane, Stetchworth, Newmarket
- Wetherup Street, Wetheringsett, Stowmarket
- Clarkes Lane, Ilketshall St Andrew, Beccles
- Layham, Ipswich
- Barsham, Beccles
- Saxtead, Woodbridge
- Capel Hall Lane, Trimley St Martin
- Redisham Road, Ringsfield
- Battlesea Green, Stradbroke, Eye