The same high quality as our stables
– prioritising horses’ safety and comfort
Field shelters are the perfect quick-assembly choice for housing your horses. Manufactured to the same high standards as all our stables and timber buildings, you can guarantee that your timber shelter will be robust and suitable for even the liveliest horses. All timber is fully tanalised, making it resistant to insect attacks and fungal decay and meaning that it will last you for many years to come.
We can help you to design the perfect field shelter for you, meeting all your needs in full, and it can be installed in just a matter of weeks. We work around you to ensure you get what you need from your field shelter.
Do you need your field shelter to be fully mobile? Take a look at our mobile field shelter range.
Explore field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
What do our clients think?
The benefits of our
horse field shelters
Adjustable stable door hinges
- Easily adjustable
- Lower maintenance
- Simple DIY task should the need arise to adjust the doors
4×2” roof purlins in prefabricated steel joist hangers
- Increased wind and snow loading
- Tanalised timber for longevity
- Steel joist hangers provide additional roof strength
Galvanised, barred stable windows with sliding Perspex cover
- Full-frame, heavy-duty and solid bar
- Regulates ventilation throughout the year
- Low maintenance
Roof lining (can be added for an extra cost)
- Warmer in the winter
- Cooler in the summer
- Increased Onduline roofing life expectancy
- Prevents Onduline sagging
- Protects against fungal decay and insect attack
- Minimum grade C16 timbers for framing and rafters
- CLS (rounded and smooth corners for better appearance)
- Shiplap cladding is 5th grade or better
- Louvre stable vent positioned high up underneath the canopy to protect against wind-driven rain
- Increased airflow
Not sure which of our stables will suit you best?
Download our comparison table and see a summary of features for each stable.
perfect timber shelter
Our CAD designers can help you design your perfect field shelter, starting from scratch or working with your own ideas and designs to make sure what we come up with meets your needs.
There are various features we can install with a field shelter, including:
- Garage doors
- Lowered height
Find out more about our design process.
Field shelters for horses from National Timber Buildings – the high quality you’d expect
We have been in this industry for more than 35 years and we have extensive experience of timber buildings, barns, stables and field shelters. We use traditional manufacturing methods that we have developed over time, making sure we achieve the best possible results.
Find out more about us, our processes and the quality we achieve.