Mobile field shelters in Bedfordshire,
by National Stables
Our high-quality mobile field shelters come with strong, galvanised skids and will last for decades.
Ask about our mobile field shelters in Bedfordshire.
Mobile field shelters in Bedfordshire
If you’re searching for mobile field shelters in Bedfordshire, look no further. We manufacture the highest quality mobile field shelters around, providing flexible options for taking care of your horses, animals and livestock. As experienced manufacturers of stables and field shelters, we understand the multitude of challenges our customers face – our products can be used for providing shelter in paddocks, as temporary stabling, and as moveable stabling. What’s more, you usually won’t require planning permission, offering you a whole host of solutions in one high-quality product. All shelters can be adapted to your needs, and those of your horses and livestock.
Field shelters now also include front guttering as standard.
High quality field shelters
with galvanised skids
At National Stables, we only supply mobile field shelters with galvanised steel skids. This means they won’t rust, making them last longer – they can easily remain in good condition for 30 to 40 years.
During manufacture, the steel is hot-dip galvanised to meet EN ISO 1461 standards, at a temperature of around 450°C. It then solidifies and any excess zinc is removed, giving a neat, smooth finish. Galvanisation shouldn’t be confused with painted, plated or Hamerite finishes; the process we use ensures your steel skids will be the very highest quality. You’ll be able to rely on them for decades.
What do our clients think?
Do we install mobile field shelters in your town within Bedfordshire?
The answer is that we have probably already installed a mobile field shelter in your town – below is a list of the 20 towns we have most frequently visited in Bedfordshire.
The benefits of choosing our mobile
field shelters for your Bedfordshire field or
Our mobile field shelters are high quality and built to last. Here are some of the key
features you need to know about, along with the benefits they bring with them:
- Adjustable stable door hinges (available on mobile stables) – makes adjustment a simple DIY task and keeps maintenance requirements minimal
- 4×2” roof purlins in prefabricated steel joist hangers – gives additional strength and increased wind and snow loading
- Galvanised, barred stable windows with sliding Perspex cover (available on mobile stables) – ventilation is regulated year-round and maintenance is kept simple
- Roof lining (available at an extra cost) – keeps shelters warmer in winter and cooler in summer, as well as increasing life expectancy and preventing roof sagging
- Heavy-duty, galvanised steel skis – an essential feature of our mobile field shelters, giving skids an impressive lifespan of around 30-40 years
- 80x80mm, 3.6mm box section steel, 6mm fully welded restraint cleats – this ensures the building is kept above ground level and is fully secured to the skis
- 10mm fully welded towing eyes to all four corners – your shelter can be towed from either end, and can be staked if needed
- Tanalised® timber (shiplap cladding is 5th grade or better) – prevents insect attacks and fungal decay
- Louvre stable vents – positioned underneath the canopy, these protect against rain while maintaining airflow to keep stables well ventilated
Due to the fact they’re mobile, field shelters of this nature usually don’t need planning permission, making them versatile and highly useful in a range of situations. We’ll be happy to advise you further if required.
Our products are unrivalled in quality – if you buy cheap, inferior products, you buy twice. If you need to keep costs down, why not choose a self-assembly field shelter?
National Stables – trusted by
our clients for over 40 years
We have more than 40 years’ experience building bespoke mobile field shelters, serving our
clients in Bedfordshire with products of the very highest quality. We’re able to do this
because we’ve shaped systems and processes that ensure:
Structures are high quality and made to last, using Tanalised® timber and galvanised steel
Quality control is built in; we have a skilled team looking after every stage of the design, build and installation
Designs are created in house, giving us complete oversight of the whole process
We also offer self-assembly field shelters to help save you money. As a family business that’s grown in scale, we still have the very same values at our core: doing what’s right for our customers.
Explore mobile field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
Where we have worked
Over the years we have installed mobile field shelters all over Bedfordshire, including:
- Clophill Road, Maulden
- Rookery Road, Wyboston
- Forrest Road, Hanslope, Milton Keynes
- Shrubbery Lane, Wilden
- Hazelwood Lane, Ampthill
- Feldon Lane, Hemel Hempstead
- Dunstable Road, Toddington
- Long Lane, Toddington
- Potton Road, Sandy
- Clover Close, Luton
- Blakeney Drive, Luton
- High Street, Thurleigh
- HBrackendale Road, Limbury