Mobile field shelters in Dorset
Are you in the market for new mobile field shelters in Dorset? We can help, with tailored products to meet your every need. We design and manufacture our field shelters in house to take care of quality – there’s the option for us to install them as well, or you can opt for a self-assembly shelter to make significant savings.
We are skilled, knowledgeable manufacturers of stables, timber buildings and field shelters, so we know the challenges posed by horse and livestock management. Safe, long-lasting, reliable shelters are so important. Whether you’re looking for a paddock shelter, temporary stabling, or a shelter/stable that can be easily moved as needs change, we are the stable company to call.
High quality field shelters
with galvanised skids
We are committed to the very highest quality, offering the best components possible to ensure shelters are built to last. We supply fully galvanised steel skids, which can easily last for 30-40 years.
Here’s what you need to know about galvanisation:
- The steel is hot-dip galvanised at a temperature of around 450°C
- It will meet EN ISO 1461 standards
- The zinc solidifies and any excess is removed to create a smooth finish
- It’s different to plated, painted or Hammerite finishes: galvanised steel lasts longer
Explore mobile field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
What do our clients think?
Do we install mobile field shelters in your town within Dorset?
The answer is that we have probably already installed a mobile field shelter in your town – below is a list of the towns we have most frequently visited in Dorset.
|Dorchester||Wimborne Minster||Bridport||Verwood||Blandford Forum|
|Merley/Oakley||St Leonards||Wareham||Lyme Regis|
The benefits of choosing our mobile
field shelters for your Dorset field or
A quality mobile field shelter can be relied on for decades.
You have two options when you buy from us: a shelter that is installed by our team, or a self-assembly option. Both options feature the same high-quality design, but self-assembly field shelters come in at a lower price point due to reduced labour.
When you buy a cheaper product, you inevitably will have to buy twice in the long run: choose a quality shelter from us for reliability and longevity.
Here are some of the most important features you need to know about on our mobile field shelters, along with their key benefits:
- Adjustable stable door hinges – door adjustment is a simple task and maintenance is low
- 4×2” roof purlins in prefabricated steel joist hangers – you can be reassured by additional strength, and increased snow and wind loading
- Galvanised, barred stable windows, sliding Perspex covers – shelters benefit from year-round ventilation, and they will need less maintenance
- Roof lining – the inclusion of a roof lining will prevent sagging and increase the roof’s life expectancy, plus it will regulate the temperature inside the shelter
- Heavy-duty galvanised steel skids – you can expect a lifespan of 30-40 years thanks to the use of quality galvanised skids
- 80x80mm, 3.6mm box section steel, 6mm fully welded restraint cleats – the building is kept above ground level and is reliably welded to the skis
- 10mm fully welded towing eyes on all four corners – field shelters can be towed from either end and can be easily staked at their destination
- Tanalised timber – this is an important feature, as tanalised timber prevents insect attacks and fungal decay (shiplap cladding is 5th grade or better)
- Louvre stable vents – the shelter will be protected from wind-driven rain while ventilation is still maintained, with vents positioned under the canopy
Please note that some of these features are added extras and they are available on certain models at an additional cost.
We’ll be happy to tell you more and discuss specific details on request.
National Stables – trusted by
our clients for over 35 years
We have more than 35 years’ experience in our industry; we’ve developed a comprehensive range of products and make sure all our customers are happy.
We are a family business that’s grown in scale, retaining our commitment to the best possible customer service while being able to offer quality, efficiency and value for money.
Quality components and products – we only use tanalised timber and galvanised steel
Quality control at every stage – you can trust in our processes
In-house design and manufacturing – we have complete control
As we take care of the whole process in house, you will always know who to contact if you ever need to reach us.
Where we have worked
Over the years we have installed mobile field shelters all over Dorset, including:
- Winterborne Zelston
- Mead Lane, Gussage All Saints, Wimborne
- Butts Lane, Bridport
- Pye Close, Corfe Mullen, Wimborne
- Bransgore, Christchurch
- Church Knowle, Wareham
- Norfolk Avenue, Christchurch
- Holwell, Sherborne