Mobile field shelters in Gloucestershire
Are you in search of your ideal mobile field shelters in Gloucestershire? You’ve come to the right place, as we offer flexible solutions for providing shelter to your horses, animals and livestock. We’ve been in business for more than 35 years and during that time, we’ve developed the highest quality products and processes, while focusing on providing a superior customer experience. Our team understands the challenges that animal owners face, so whether you need to shelter horses in paddocks, you need a temporary stabling option, or you need moveable shelters for varied use, we can help.
High quality field shelters
with galvanised skids
Our mobile field shelters only make use of the highest quality components and parts. In our experience, if you buy too cheap, you buy twice. A quality mobile field shelter is a real investment. Our shelters make use of galvanised steel skids, which can easily last for 30-40 years.
Galvanisation involves the treatment of steel at around 450°C, to EN ISO 1461 standards. This should not be confused with a variety of finishes that are on the market, such as Hammerite, painted skids, or plated skids. Galvanisation makes sure the steel will not rust, so it’s set up to last for decades.
Explore mobile field shelters further with a copy of our brochure
Get the process started by requesting your free National Timber Buildings brochure. It’s full of design ideas, has further information on our prices – and we’ll send it to you completely free of charge.
Enter your postcode to request your brochure.
What do our clients think?
Do we install mobile field shelters in your town within Gloucestershire?
The answer is that we have probably already installed a mobile field shelter in your town – below is a list of the 20 towns we have most frequently visited in Gloucestershire.
The benefits of choosing our mobile
field shelters for your Gloucestershire field or
Our mobile field shelters stand the test of time, regardless of weather conditions, or how and where you use them.
Here are some of the key features we incorporate, and the benefits they bring:
- Easily adjustable stable door hinges – these make adjustments quick and simple for you to carry out yourself
- 4×2” roof purlins, prefabricated steel joist hangers – a feature for increased strength and wind/snow loading
- Barred, galvanised stable windows complete with Perspex covers – ventilation is maintained throughout the year
- Roof lining – this will prevent the roof sagging to ensure longer life, as well as helping to improve insulation
- Heavy-duty, fully-galvanised steel skids – we only used galvanised steel skids, which have a lifespan of around 30-40 years
- 80x80mm, 3.6mm box section steel, plus 6mm fully welded restraint cleats – keeps the building above ground level and strongly bonded to skids
- 4 x 10mm fully welded towing eyes – shelters can be towed from either end before being securely staked
- Tanalised timber (with shiplap cladding of 5th grade or better) – timber is tanalised to prevent fungal decay and insect attack
- Louvre stable vents – located under the canopy, good airflow is maintained while shelters are protected from rain
In most cases, a mobile field shelter will not need planning permission, making it a versatile and flexible solution.
Please ask us for more information about field shelters and planning permission in Gloucestershire.
We have options for all budgets. If you’re looking for a lower-cost option, you can choose a self-assembly shelter.
These are the same high quality as all our shelters, at a lower price point.
National Stables – trusted by
our clients for over 35 years
National Stables has been a well-known industry name for more than 35 years.
We’re a family business that’s grown considerably, improving efficiencies
while maintaining our commitment to friendly, personable service.
Our shelters stand the test of time because:
We use tanalised timber and galvanised steel – quality comes first
We take care of design, manufacture and installation in house, giving us control over materials and processes
Quality is checked thoroughly at every stage to ensure each shelter is perfect
We have built our reputation on quality products that regularly exceed expectations.
Ask us more about field shelters and discover the difference it makes to choose a highly experienced company like us.
Where we have worked
Over the years we have installed mobile field shelters all over Gloucestershire, including:
- Painswick, Stroud
- Nupdown Lane, Oldbury-on-Severn, Bristol
- Malt House Lane, Little Compton
- Hyde Lane, Newnham
- Drovers Way, Newent
- Weston-Subedge, Chipping Campden
- Alderley, Wooton Under Edge
- Upper Rissington, Cheltenham
- Queen Street, Lydney
- Stow Road, Lower Slaughter, Cheltenham
- Fossebridge, Cheltenham
- Salter Street, Berkeley
- Ermin Park, Brockworth
- Barrel Lane, Longhope
- Grange Court Lane, Huntley
- Purton, Berkeley
- Meysey Hampton, Cirencester
- Silver Street, Coaley, Dursley
- Furnace Valley, Blakeney